Thursday, July 29, 2010

Winter work

The rains seemed like they would never end this year. We spent a lot of time working on the interior of the house. Building new walls and just finishing up some of the details we didn't make it to earlier.

We worked on the kitchen quite a bit. Below are some pictures of my bar area.

Nothing's level, nothing's square. Boy oh boy is this fun!
Finally you can see it coming together. This picture below is looking out of the kitchen towards the living room on the left and the dining room on the right.


And below is the fancy sliding wall we built for the kitchen so that we'll have somewhere to hang our cabinets. They can't be hung directly on the logs because the logs will compress over time and I don't want my cabinets moving! The window will be above my sink.
We've also gotten a lot of our wiring run through the house.


This is our master bath. The shower is on the left and my linen cabinet is front and center.


The view from my loft looking outside. Funny how all you can see is the inside of the tarp!


Here is looking from the loft toward my master bedroom. The master bath is on the left, bedroom on the right and the doorway right in the middle.


And, we got a new puppy. This is Rowdy. He's a better climber than a helper!

No comments: